Maestri Vetrai Muranesi Cappellin & C. was founded in 1925 after the shutdown of the Cappellin Venini & C. by Giacomo Cappellin. For a short period of time Vittorio Zecchin, a painter who had collaborated with the Cappellin Venini, continued working for the new company designing soffiati (blown glass pieces characterized by delicate colours and lines). Then in 1926 Carlo Scarpa took over the artistic direction, initially proceeding with the same artistic course by creating lightweight blown pieces with simple geometric forms. He then followed with the production of many refined collections characterized by various transparent textures often with vivid colours. The M.V.M. Cappellin & C. was forced to close in January 1932 probably due to a bad financial management.