The manufactory Richard-Ginori was founded in 1735 by Marquis Carlo Ginori in Doccia, close to Colonnata - province of Florence. It soon became known all over the world for its porcelain items. The production is still located in Sesto Fiorentino, even after 1896 when the manufactury and the company owned by Augustus Richard from Milan merged, becoming Richard-Ginori.
Mr Richard introduced several mechanical innovations, in order to reduce the high costs of hand-made decorations and to meet the increasing market demand. Between 1923 and 1930 Giò Ponti worked as artistic director at the Richard-Ginori, renewing the style and the kind of products.
In 1965 the manufactory merged with the Italian company SCI of Laveno, but in January 2013 the Richard-Ginori went bankrupt and was acquired by Gucci Group in May 2013.
Items created by: Richard Ginori
Porcelain plates - "The four seasons" - Gio Ponti for Richard Ginori
- 35 requests for this object
Porcelain plates - The Muses - Gio Ponti for Richard Ginori
- 8 requests for this object
Porcelain set "Italian triumph" - Gio Ponti - Richard Ginori
- 55 requests for this object
Pair of porcelain plates "Passeggiata archeologica" - Gio Ponti per Richard Ginori
- 18 requests for this object
"Song" service designed by Gino Campana for the Richard Ginori manufactory - Italy 1970s
- 7 requests for this object